One of my favorite things is when my husband makes pancakes. Partly because I hate making pancakes, but mostly because my son absolutely loves them! My husband is so patient and lets him help him every step of the way. It’s nice seeing them spend time together, but I also love having a few minutes without hearing someone yell my name asking me to do something! This is such a great recipe that we love to pair with our pancakes. It’s so easy to make, and can be used with any kind of berry, not just raspberries.
I’m posting a really yummy recipe tomorrow for Mini No-Bake Cheesecakes with Graham Cracker Crust. Be sure to check it out and pair it with this raspberry sauce!
Homemade Raspberry Sauce
- 2-1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 12 oz frozen raspberries, thawed
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch, sugar and water. Add the raspberries and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the mixture boils.
- Once boiling cook and stir for one additional minute
- strain the sauce through a fine mesh sieve placed over a bowl to remove seeds
- Cook to room temperature or chill in refrigerator until ready to serve