This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BearyMerryVTechMom #CollectiveBias
The countdown is officially beginning for my sweet baby boy’s due date! One of my good friends is having a baby soon too. It’s so fun having babies with your good friends! I was thinking of a fun gift idea that would be perfect for both Christmas and a baby gift. Something I wish I had had for my first baby! The one thing I wish I had is definitely a baby monitor. It would have given me so much relief, and I would have slept a whole lot better. If anything I wouldn’t have had to get out of bed so much just to check on him. Needless to say I got a VTech VM341-216 Bear 2 Camera Full Color Video Monitor and it’s amazing.
Like I said, we didn’t have a video monitor with our first baby. I’m seriously obsessed. I wish we had splurged because the peace of mind I have been given is unmatched. You can get yours exclusively at Babies”R”Us and online.
Here are a few advantages you will love:
- No rushing into your newborn’s bedroom wondering if he rolled onto his stomach
- The two-way, talk-back intercom is amazing for early mornings. When your baby is older you can let them know it’s still time to sleep
- I love the built-in lullabies and soothing sounds
- Can add up to two more cameras so you can keep an eye on more than one child or room at a time
- Being able to monitor our kids rooms as well as the playroom on the same device is life changing!
I’m gifting my VTech Bear Video Monitor with a beautiful homemade crocheted blanket to give it a personal touch. I always try and add a personal touch to all my gifts for friends and family. It’s my way of showing them how much I love and appreciate them.
Here’s all you’ll need to get started yourself:
- Crochet hook
- Pattern, which you can find free online
- Bag to hold products
- Large eye needle known as a yarn or darning needle
Assuming you have scissors and a bag of your own you can get all these products for less than $10! Learning how o do a simple one chain stitch is quite easy too.
- Hold the crochet hook in your right hand and make a slip knot on the hook
- Bring yarn over hook from back to front and grab it with the hook
- Draw hooked yard through slip knot and onto hook. This makes one chain stitch
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 in sequence all the way around your blanket
- Once you’ve gone around the blanket cut the yarn leaving a 4-6″ end then thread the yarn into the needle and weave it back through your hooks to secure it
If you want to learn how to do your own homemade crochet blanket check out these simple instructions and video here. It’s so fun to do and your friends will love it.
How do you show love and appreciation for your loved ones?
How many VTech Bear Video Monitors would you use?