I had Amish Friendship Bread a few years ago and I loved it! I’m pretty sure I kept all the starters you’re supposed to share with friends, because I loved it so much. I couldn’t bare parting ways with the starters because I loved this bread so much. Not really how it works, but hey, whatever. So here’s my Amish Friendship Bread Without Starter recipe.
I have looked and looked for a recipe that didn’t require a starter, because taking five days to make it just wasn’t cutting it.
Finally! Now there’s Amish Friendship Bread Without Starter
AMISH FRIENDSHIP BREAD WITHOUT STARTER
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk or 2 cups milk plus 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- For the batter cream together butter, sugar and eggs.
- Add milk, flour, and baking soda
- Divide 1/2 of the batter into two greased loaf pans
- Mix in separate bowl the 2/3 c sugar and cinnamon
- Sprinkle 3/4 of the cinnamon sugar on top of the batter in each pan
- Add remaining batter to pans; sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar on top of each
- Swirl with a knife
- Bake at 350 for 45-50 min. or until toothpick comes out clean when tested
- Cool in pan for 20 minutes before removing from the pan