I am loving these popcorn recipes using one package of microwave popcorn. It’s perfect for those days I only want to make enough for two or three people, not 20!
I may or may not have eaten 95% of this… Is that bad?
Caramel Marshmallow Popcorn
Recipe adapted from Chef-in-training
- 1 package microwave popcorn
- 1 tsp butter (you can use more if you don’t use butter flavored popcorn)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. light corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 3 cups marshmallows
- Pop popcorn according to package directions. Remove unpopped kernels
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium low heat
- Add brown sugar, corn syrup, vanilla and marshmallows
- Stir until marshmallows are melted and the caramel mixture is smooth, turn up heat if necessary
- Pour over popcorn and stir until popcorn is evenly coated
- Store in an airtight container