These Carrot Cake Muddy Buddies are a dream. These are the perfect Spring time treat, and a unique take on Muddy Buddies. This new way of making muddy buddies will blow your mind and open up a whole new world of possibilities for these delicious snacks!
Carrot Cake is my dad’s favorite kind of cake. He asks for it every year for his birthday! Now it’s my son’s favorite cake as well. I can’t wait to make these muddy buddies for him, I think he will really like it. Sometimes carrot cake can be really rich, but you’ll be surprised with how light and refreshing these Carrot Cake Muddy Buddies are.
If you have a cake mix or brownie mix that is close to expiring, but you’re not in the mood for cake I think this is the next best way you could use your cake mix!
Cream Cheese & Carrot Cake Muddy Buddies
- 9 cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 1 cup white melting chocolate
- 1/2 cup cream cheese canned frosting
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 cups carrot cake cake mix
- 1 cup roughly chopped or whole pecans
- In a large mixing bowl, microwave the white chocolate and the frosting for 1 minute, add the vanilla and mix together until smooth
- Pour the cereal and pecans into the chocolate mixture and mix until they’re coated well
- Pour the cake mix and powdered sugar into a gallon sized ziploc bag. Seal and shake together until mixed
- Scoop the cereal into the bag. Seal the bag and shake until the cereal is coated in the powdered mixture.
- Serve immediately or place in an airtight container
I’m really excited to try out a red velvet or brownie mix muddy buddy!
What is your favorite kind of cake? What kind of muddy buddy recipe would you like to see next?
Recipe from Something Swanky