This little treat is Y-U-M, yum! I love things like this that work with any holiday by simply replacing the candy corn with any holiday colored treat. The original recipe calls for golden grams, and I don’t really love Golden Grams so I decided to use Cinnamon Toast Crunch and it was just as good as you could imagine. I must say, if you’re making this for a party this makes a lot and you are set. If you’re making it for a get together with a few friends then you could probably half it. It makes a ton!
I love that cute little hand…he just couldn’t wait any longer!
Holiday Chex Mix
- 1/2 box Cinnamon Toast Crunch (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 box Chex (about 4-1/2 cups)
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1-1/2 cups candy corn
- Mix cereals, coconut and almonds in a large mixing bowl
- In a medium sized saucepan bring sugar, corn syrup and butter to a boil over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Pour over cereal mixture and mix well.
- Add candy corns, or whatever holiday candy you choose, and stir together.