I love any reason to have a get together! I really, really do. I’m so excited for the big game in a couple weeks that I decided to put together an impromptu party with some fun ideas I had, so you could implement some of them. If anything you can make my REESE’S Gooey Cake Bars because they’re life changing.
Might I also suggest my Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms and Pizza Dip Recipe. It’s perfect for parties like this! You can even have the dip with suggested toppings on the side so everyone can make their own personalized dip!
Parties like this remind me of how fun and creative my mom is. I hope my boys have fond memories of parties like this one when they grow up too. I love any reason to get together with family and friends! Infact I use a lot of her recipes when I throw my parties. The ones I don’t make I always wish I had because they are so good. There are a few recipes that when I think of them I get a little homesick because I’m reminded of how much I miss her. I will never get used to living half way across the country from her.
REESE’S GOOEY CAKE BARS
- 1 Chocolate cake mix
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Butter, softened
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 16 Regular sized Reese’s Butter Cups, frozen and unwrapped
- 1/2 cup Sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup Mini REESE’S Pieces
- Combine the cake mix, egg, butter, and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Beat until a soft dough forms. Press half the dough into an 8x8x2 baking dish that has been sprayed with non stick spray
- Place the frozen Reese’s Butter Cups over the top of the dough. Trim some if you need to. Press the rest of the dough over the tops of the peanut butter cups evenly.
- Drizzle the sweetened condensed milk over the top of the dough. Sprinkle with the Reese’s Pieces. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. They will look very gooey and undone, let them cool completely before cutting them into 16 squares.
- Store in a sealed container on the counter