Have you ever participated in a weight loss challenge with your friends? I’m wondering if my husband can sneak me into the one at his work because I may have a chance to win! I know, it’s not really fair since I’m pregnant and having our baby in a few weeks, but it sure would be sweet! Here’s how a weight loss challenge with cash prize works:
Weight Loss Challenge
- Weight in on the same scale at the same time throughout the competition to keep things consistent.
- As a group decide how often you want to weight in. Weekly, every other week, etc.
- At the first weight in everyone must pay the registration fee, which will be determined by the group.
- There will be a $1 weight in fee per week applied to all contestants
- There is a $1 penalty fee if your weight stays the same
- There is a $1 penalty fee for each pound gained
- To keep it fair, the winner is the person who has the highest weight loss percentage.
- Take your final weight in weight and subtract it from your first weight in. Divide that number by your starting weight, then multiply it by 100 and you have your weight loss percentage
- Say you started at 200 pounds and at the end you weighed 175 pounds. Here’s how you would calculate your weight loss percentage:
- 200 – 175 = 25 … 25/200=0.125 … 0.125 x 100 = 12.5%
- If your weight loss percentage of 12.5% was higher than anyone else in the competition then you would win the grand prize!
- Determine at the beginning of the competition how you will divide the money. Winner takes all, the top 3 with the highest weight loss percentage split the money, you can donate it, etc., etc. Money can be a key motivator in a weight loss challenge.
- My tip for keeping it all simple is using the Square Cash App. This is perfect for someone like me because I rarely have cash on me, let alone several dollar bills. Ya know, incase my weight stayed the same or went up!
Note: You may feel more comfortable keeping exact numbers a secret. Maybe the person who handles the money can also keep track of weight at weigh ins. However, displaying progress each week provides accountability and motivation to keep up the hard work.
Here are just a few of the great ways you can use Square Cash to pay your friends and family back:
• Paying Rent/Utilities
• Paying the babysitter
• Splitting the bill at meals
• Planning and buying for a party with friends
• Sending family/friends separated by distance cash presents
• Buying concert/game tickets in bulk to ensure your seats together
It’s so easy to use! With the Square Cash App you can send money from your debit or credit card, or any available funds in your Cash app.
How to pay from the Square Cash App:
- Enter at least $1 and tap Pay or Request
- Add the name, $Cashtag, or mobile phone number of the recipient(s)
- Enter an optional note, like “Weight Loss Challenge” in the For: field
- Tap Pay or Request in the top-right corner
- The recipient(s) will receive an email or text notification letting them know you’ve sent the cash
It’s as easy as that!
Learn more about the Square Cash App and try it today!
What Are Some Of Your Favorite Weight Loss Challenge Prizes
Need some workout inspiration? Here are a few of my favorites on my “Work It Girl” Pinterest board: