Scotcheroos are a dessert that are very dear to my heart. They will always remind me of our time in Connecticut, grad school, and our really good friends that we made there. They have become lifelong friends! I wanted to try this beloved recipe using chocolate cereal and it did not disappoint.
I knew with their crispy flakes and the added flavor from the real cocoa it would be a match made in heaven. You wont end up using an entire box of Honey Bunches of Oats Chocolate so if you need a quick snack, or want to add some into a bowl with milk while you’re waiting for your mixture to heat up then by all means! Eat up.
My son was particularly excited to get the Honey Bunches of Oats Chocolate, because he loves that his milk turns into Chocolate Milk. It’s the little things, right? I love the simple joys of childhood!
- 1 cup each:
- corn syrup
- peanut butter
- 5 cups Honey Bunches of Oats Chocolate
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup chocolate chips (milk or semi sweet)
- Combine the first three ingredients in a large saucepan and simmer until smooth and mixed well. Then remove from heat
- Add Honey Bunches of Oats Chocolate
- Pour into an ungreased 9×13 pan, evenly flatten then sprinkle chocolate chips and butterscotch chips over the top. Cover so they can melt
- Once melted evenly spread over Honey Bunches of Oats Chocolate, then cut and enjoy!
Here is the recipe for my original Schotcheroos