We had a lot of amazing strawberries and salmon that needed to be eaten so I decided to make Roasted Salmon with Strawberry Balsamic Reduction! I’m pretty sure anything that includes balsamic reduction is going to taste amazing.
One of my favorite restaurants growing up was The Mandarin, it’s in Utah, and it’s to die for! One of our favorite things to order was their Strawberry Chicken, and for one reason or another they took it off the menu. Why do restraints do that?! Uggggh. So in honor of that dish I decided to make strawberry salmon. Doesn’t it look so yummy? It was a hit!
ROASTED SALMON WITH STRAWBERRY BALSAMIC REDUCTION
- 2 SALMON FILLETS
- COARSE BLACK PEPPER
- 1 CUP FRESH STRAWBERRIES, CHOPPED
- 4 TBSP BALSAMIC VINEGAR
- 4 TBSP WATER
- 4 TBSP HONEY
- HEAT OVEN TO 400 DEGREES
- LAY SALMON FLEETS ON A FOIL LINED BAKING PAN AND SPRINKLE WITH BLACK PEPPER AND COOK IN OVEN FOR 10-15 MINUTES, OR UNTIL DESIRED DONENESS IS ACHIEVED.
- IN A SMALL SAUCE PAN OVER MEDIUM HEAT COMBINE CHOPPED STRAWBERRIES, BALSAMIC VINEGAR AND WATER. ALLOW MIXTURE TO COME TO A BOIL AND REDUCE BY ABOUT HALF. ADD THE HONEY, MIXING TO COMBINE AND ALLOWING MIXTURE TO REDUCE AGAIN.
- PLACE COOKED SALMON ON A PLATE AND DRIZZLE THE STRAWBERRY BALSAMIC REDUCTION ON TOP
- IF YOU HAVE ANY LEFT OVER SAUCE YOU CAN REVIVE IT THE NEXT DAY BY PLACING IT IN A SMALL SAUCE PAN OVER MEDIUM HEAT, ADDING SOME WATER AS NECESSARY TO ACHIEVE DESIRED CONSISTENCY.