Bunny Tail Easter Muddy Buddies are the cutest little dessert idea for spring and Easter. I love muddy buddies because you can mix them up so easily. Use seasonal candies and change the colored almond bark and you’ve got the perfect treat all year long!
If you’re in need of another tasty muddy buddy recipe check this Carrot Cake Muddy Buddies recipe out.
The only suggestion I have is use more food coloring than you would expect. I just wish my pink and yellow cereal really popped! But isn’t my little helper just the cutest? He had so much helping me mix the cereal and adding sprinkles for a little extra pop. I’m obsessed!
Bunny Tail Easter Muddy Buddies
- 9 Cups Chex cereal
- 1/2 cup white chocolate almond bark
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups vanilla almond bark, divided and colored pink and yellow
- 1 cup mini chocolate eggs
- Fill three medium sized bowls with 3 cups of Chex cereal, set aside
- In a microwavable bowl, microwave white chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on high for one minute, stir until melted and smooth
- Pour peanut butter mixture over one of the bowls of cereal and stir until evenly coated
- Place in a large plastic bag, add powdered sugar and shake bag until well coated
- Spread the cereal out on a baking sheet and allow to cool for 15 minutes
- Melt almond bark according to package instructions, divide and color one cup pink and one cup yellow
- Pour yellow bark over one bowl of Chex and stir until evenly coated. Spread onto a separate baking sheet and allow to cool for 15 minutes
- Repeat with pink almond bark
- In serving bowl, mix the three cereal mixtures well. Add the chocolate eggs
Store in an airtight container … or eat immediately and don’t share with a single person. I wont judge!
Recipe from Frugal Mom Eh