I never imagined I would raise my children away from my family. Four years ago when we moved to Connecticut I was almost positive we would move back “home” within three years. As time went on that changed, and ultimately we didn’t move back home. Because of that decision my husband and I have are 100% in charge of keeping traditions alive in our house. There are certain recipes my mom and I make for every family get together, and I miss that, but now I get to make those same traditions with my boys.
While my idea of the perfect Valentine’s night out involves a five course meal at a 5-star restaurant that’s not something we can always count on because we don’t have family around to help watch the boys. Yes we have friends, and know a few teenagers who could babysit, but they have their own lives and I don’t like to impose. So instead of going to a 5-star restaurant we just turn our house into one. Well the best we can anyway.
One recipe we love, and can please just about anyone is our Chicken Parmesean. I would love it if I had a cupboard full of recipes that went back generations, but I don’t. However, I love looking through my mom’s large collection of recipes that she has clipped from newspapers over the years. Looking through them has definitely become a tradition, so I guess that counts doesn’t it.
Chicken Parmesan with Ragu Pasta Sauce
- 1-pound Chicken strips using this recipe
- Cooked angel hair pasta
- Chunky Garlic Ragu Pasta Sauce
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Place prepared chicken strips to a baking sheet and top each strip with Ragu sauce, shredded mozzarella cheese, and a tablespoon of parmesan
- Bake in the oven until the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes
- Remove from the oven and garnish with basil or parsley leaves if available