My Coconut Chicken continues to be one of my most popular recipes and I decided to bake it instead of fry it and wanted to let you know that it’s an amazing alternative! If you want to cut down on the calories, or just don’t like to eat fried foods then you for sure want to try this Baked Coconut Chicken recipe!
Baked Coconut Chicken Recipe
- Boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut milk-any milk will do
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs (these work better then regular bread crumbs)
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Sweet Chili Sauce for dipping
- Cut chicken into strips, cutting diagonally so the ends are not too small.
- Prepare three separate bowls for breading your chicken
- Combine flour and salt
- Whisk eggs and milk together
- Stir panko bread crumbs and coconut together
- Coat chicken strips in the three bowls. Start with the flour combination, then the egg and milk, and end with the bowl containing the bread crumbs and coconut. Place strip on a parchment lined baking dish
- Once you have coated each strip of chicken bake them for 20 minutes at 400 degrees. (Cooking time may very depending on how thick your chicken is)
- Last but not least serve immediately with your chili sauce!
If you’d like the instructions for frying Coconut Chicken get the recipe here.